245. An authenticating trustee, transfer agent or other agent or mandatary of an issuer has, in respect of the issue, registration of transfer and cancellation of a security of the issuer,
(a) a duty to the issuer to exercise good faith and reasonable diligence; and
(b) the same obligations to the holder or owner of a security and the same rights, privileges and immunities as the issuer.
- 1998, c. 1, s. 245;
- 2011, c. 21, s. 98(F).
Marginal note:Notice to agent or mandatary
246. Notice to an authenticating trustee, transfer agent or other agent or mandatary of an issuer is notice to the issuer in respect of the functions performed by the agent or mandatary.
PART 13FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE
Marginal note:Annual financial statements to members
247. (1) Subject to section 248, the directors must place before the members at every annual meeting of members
(a) comparative financial statements as may be prescribed relating separately to
(i) the period that began on the date the cooperative came into existence and ended not more than six months before the annual meeting or, if the cooperative has completed a financial year, the period that began immediately after the end of the last completed financial year and ended not more than six months before the annual meeting, and
(ii) the immediately preceding financial year;
(b) the report of the auditor, if any; and
(c) any further information respecting the financial position of the cooperative and the results of its operations required by the articles, the by-laws or a unanimous agreement.
Marginal note:Annual financial statements to shareholders
(2) If shareholders have a right to have an annual meeting under subsection 133(1), the directors must place the documents described in subsection (1) before the shareholders at every annual meeting of shareholders.
(3) Despite paragraph (1)(a) and subsection (2), the financial statements referred to in subparagraph (1)(a)(ii) may be omitted if the reason for the omission is set out in the financial statements, or in a note to those statements, to be placed before the members at an annual meeting of members and, in a case to which subsection (2) applies, the shareholders at an annual meeting of shareholders.
248. The Director may, on application of a cooperative, authorize the cooperative to omit from its financial statements any prescribed item, and the Director may, if the Director reasonably believes that disclosure of any information to be contained in the statements would be detrimental to the cooperative, permit the omission on any reasonable conditions that the Director thinks fit.
- Date modified: