Marginal note:Cooperation — court
275. (1) If an order recognizing a foreign proceeding is made, the court shall cooperate, to the maximum extent possible, with the foreign representative and the foreign court involved in the foreign proceeding.
Marginal note:Cooperation — other authorities in Canada
(2) If any proceedings under this Act have been commenced in respect of a debtor and an order recognizing a foreign proceeding is made in respect of the debtor, every person who exercises any powers or performs duties and functions in any proceedings under this Act shall cooperate, to the maximum extent possible, with the foreign representative and the foreign court involved in the foreign proceeding.
Marginal note:Forms of cooperation
(3) For the purpose of this section, cooperation may be provided by any appropriate means, including
(a) the appointment of a person to act at the direction of the court;
(b) the communication of information by any means considered appropriate by the court;
(c) the coordination of the administration and supervision of the debtor’s assets and affairs;
(d) the approval or implementation by courts of agreements concerning the coordination of proceedings; and
(e) the coordination of concurrent proceedings regarding the same debtor.
- 1997, c. 12, s. 118;
- 2005, c. 47, s. 122;
- 2007, c. 36, s. 59.
Marginal note:Obligations of foreign representative
276. If an order recognizing a foreign proceeding is made, the foreign representative who applied for the order shall
(a) without delay, inform the court of
(i) any substantial change in the status of the recognized foreign proceeding,
(ii) any substantial change in the status of the foreign representative’s authority to act in that capacity, and
(iii) any other foreign proceeding in respect of the same debtor that becomes known to the foreign representative; and
(b) publish, without delay after the order is made, once a week for two consecutive weeks, or as otherwise directed by the court, in one or more newspapers in Canada specified by the court, a notice containing the prescribed information.
- 2005, c. 47, s. 122.
Marginal note:Concurrent proceedings
277. If any proceedings under this Act in respect of a debtor are commenced at any time after an order recognizing the foreign proceeding is made,
(a) the court shall review any order made under section 272 and, if it determines that the order is inconsistent with any orders made in the proceedings under this Act, the court shall amend or revoke the order; and
(b) if the foreign proceeding is a foreign main proceeding, the court shall make an order terminating the application of the prohibitions in paragraphs 271(1)(a) to (c) if the court determines that those prohibitions are inconsistent with any similar prohibitions imposed in the proceedings under this Act.
- 2005, c. 47, s. 122.
- Date modified: