Marginal note:Enforcement of orders of other courts
188. (1) An order made by the court under this Act shall be enforced in the courts having jurisdiction in bankruptcy elsewhere in Canada in the same manner in all respects as if the order had been made by the court hereby required to enforce it.
Marginal note:Courts to be auxiliary to each other
(2) All courts and the officers of all courts shall severally act in aid of and be auxiliary to each other in all matters of bankruptcy, and an order of one court seeking aid, with a request to another court, shall be deemed sufficient to enable the latter court to exercise, in regard to the matters directed by the order, such jurisdiction as either the court that made the request or the court to which the request is made could exercise in regard to similar matters within its jurisdiction.
Marginal note:Enforcement of warrants
(3) Any warrant of a court may be enforced in any part of Canada in the same manner and subject to the same privileges as a warrant issued by a justice of the peace under or in pursuance of the Criminal Code may be executed against a person charged with an indictable offence.
- R.S., c. B-3, s. 158.
Marginal note:Search warrants
189. (1) Where on ex parte application by the trustee or interim receiver the court is satisfied by information on oath that there are reasonable grounds to believe there is in any place or premises any property of the bankrupt, the court may issue a warrant authorizing the trustee or interim receiver to enter and search that place or premises and to seize the property of the bankrupt, subject to such conditions as may be specified in the warrant.
Marginal note:Use of force
(1.1) In executing a warrant issued under subsection (1), the trustee or interim receiver shall not use force unless the trustee or interim receiver is accompanied by a peace officer and the use of force has been specifically authorized in the warrant.
Marginal note:Commitment to prison
(2) Where the court commits any person to prison, the commitment may be to such convenient prison as the court thinks expedient.
- R.S., 1985, c. B-3, s. 189;
- R.S., 1985, c. 31 (1st Supp.), s. 28.
Marginal note:Evidence of proceedings in bankruptcy
190. (1) Any document made or used in the course of any bankruptcy proceedings or other proceedings had under this Act shall, if it appears to be sealed with the seal of any court having jurisdiction in bankruptcy, purports to be signed by any judge thereof or is certified as a true copy by any registrar thereof, be admissible in evidence in all legal proceedings.
Marginal note:Documentary evidence as proof
(2) The production of an original document relating to any bankruptcy proceeding or a copy certified by the person making it as a true copy thereof or by a successor in office of that person as a true copy of a document found among the records in his control or possession is evidence of the contents of those documents.
- R.S., c. B-3, s. 160.
- Date modified: