Access to Information Act
Marginal note:Duties generally
57. (1) An Assistant Information Commissioner shall engage exclusively in such duties or functions of the office of the Information Commissioner under this or any other Act of Parliament as are delegated by the Information Commissioner to that Assistant Information Commissioner and shall not hold any other office under Her Majesty for reward or engage in any other employment for reward.
Marginal note:Salary and expenses
(2) An Assistant Information Commissioner is entitled to be paid a salary to be fixed by the Governor in Council and such travel and living expenses incurred in the performance of duties under this or any other Act of Parliament as the Information Commissioner considers reasonable.
Marginal note:Pension benefits
(3) The provisions of the Public Service Superannuation Act, other than those relating to tenure of office, apply to an Assistant Information Commissioner.
Marginal note:Other benefits
(4) An Assistant Information Commissioner is deemed to be employed in the public service of Canada for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and any regulations made under section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 111, Sch. I “57”.
- Date modified: