Marginal note:Submission to Minister
42. (1) The Corporation must submit an application for continuance under one of the following Acts for the Minister’s approval:
(2) The application must be submitted to the Minister within four years, or any shorter period specified by the Minister, after the day on which this Part comes into force.
Marginal note:Submission to applicable authorities
(3) Once the application has been approved by the Minister, the Corporation must submit the application to the applicable authorities under the relevant Act.
Marginal note:Application not invalid
(4) The application is not invalid solely because the Corporation is incorporated by an Act of Parliament.
43. The Corporation is not entitled to apply for continuance in another jurisdiction.
Coming into Force
Marginal note:Simultaneous coming into force
44. This Part comes into force on the day on which Part 2 comes into force.
Ceasing to Have Effect
Marginal note:Ceasing to have effect
45. This Part ceases to have effect on the day on which Part 4 applies.
PART 4DISSOLUTION OF THE CANADIAN WHEAT BOARD
Marginal note:Application of Part
46. This Part applies only if the Corporation is not continued under Part 3 within five years, or any shorter period specified by the Governor in Council, after the day on which that Part comes into force.
Final Pool Period
Marginal note:Final pool period
47. (1) The Minister must, by order, in respect of each grain, designate one or more pool periods set by the Corporation under section 27 of the Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act as a final pool period for the purposes of winding up the Corporation.
Marginal note:Final payment
(2) The Corporation must make all payments due under subsection 29(3) of the Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act in respect of the final pool period before winding up the Corporation under section 48.
Marginal note:Exercising powers
(3) After the end of the final pool period, the Corporation may exercise its powers under the Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act only for the purpose of administering that pool period and winding up the Corporation.
- Date modified: