113. Section 336 of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Solicitor-client privilege or professional secrecy
336. Nothing in this Part may be construed as affecting solicitor-client privilege or, in Quebec, the professional secrecy of advocates and notaries.
Marginal note:2001, c. 14, s. 218; 2005, c. 33, s. 6(2)
114. Subsection 337.5(1.1) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
(1.1) Subsection (1) does not apply when the plaintiff brings the action as a member of a partnership or other association or as a trustee in bankruptcy, liquidator, receiver or sequestrator of a body corporate.
115. Subsection 341(2) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Court approval to discontinue
(2) No application made and no action brought or intervened in under this Part is to be stayed, discontinued, settled or dismissed for want of prosecution or, in Quebec, failure to respect the agreement between the parties as to the conduct of the proceeding without the approval of the court given on any terms that the court considers appropriate.
116. Section 346 of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Restraining or compliance order
346. If a cooperative or any director, officer, employee, agent or mandatary, auditor, trustee, receiver, receiver-manager, sequestrator or liquidator of a cooperative does not comply with this Act, the regulations, the articles, the by-laws or a unanimous agreement, a complainant or the Director may, in addition to any other right, apply to a court for an order directing any such person to comply with or restraining them from acting in breach of it. On the application, the court may order compliance and make any further order it thinks fit.
Marginal note:2001, c. 14, s. 226
117. Subsection 367(4) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Execution or signature of documents
(4) Any articles, notice, resolution, requisition, statement or other document required or permitted to be executed or, in Quebec, signed by more than one individual for the purposes of this Act may be executed or signed in several documents of like form, each of which is executed or signed by one or more of the individuals. The documents, when duly executed or signed by all individuals required or permitted, as the case may be, to do so, are deemed to constitute one document for the purposes of this Act.
Marginal note:2001, c. 14, s. 229(2)
118. Subparagraph 373(2)(b)(iv) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
(iv) send the certificate, or a copy, image or photographic, electronic or other reproduction of it, to the cooperative or its agent or mandatary, and
- Date modified: