CANADA–TURKEY TAX CONVENTION ACT, 2010
Marginal note:Short title
1. This Act may be cited as the Canada–Turkey Tax Convention Act, 2010.
Definition of “Convention”
2. In this Act, “Convention” means the Convention between the Government of Canada and the Government of the Republic of Turkey set out in Schedule 1, as amended by the Protocol set out in Schedule 2.
Marginal note:Convention approved
3. The Convention is approved and has the force of law in Canada during the period that the Convention, by its terms, is in force.
Marginal note:Inconsistent laws — general rule
4. (1) Subject to subsection (2), in the event of any inconsistency between the provisions of this Act or the Convention and the provisions of any other law, the provisions of this Act and the Convention prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
Marginal note:Inconsistent laws — exception
(2) In the event of any inconsistency between the provisions of the Convention and the provisions of the Income Tax Conventions Interpretation Act, the provisions of that Act prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
5. The Minister of National Revenue may make any regulations that are necessary for carrying out the Convention or for giving effect to any of its provisions.
6. The Minister of Finance shall cause a notice of the day on which the Convention enters into force and of the day on which it ceases to have effect to be published in the Canada Gazette within 60 days after its entry into force or termination.
- Date modified: