2134. Subsection 133(1) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Solicitors and counsel representing classes of creditors
133. (1) A court, if satisfied that, with respect to the whole or any portion of the proceedings before it, the interests of creditors, claimants or shareholders — or, in the case of a federal credit union, members, creditors, claimants or shareholders — can be classified, may, after notice by advertisement or otherwise, nominate and appoint a solicitor and counsel to represent each or any class for the purpose of the proceedings, and all the persons composing any such class are bound by the acts of the solicitor and counsel so appointed.
Marginal note:2005, c. 54
2135. (1) In this section, “other Act” means An Act to amend certain Acts in relation to financial institutions, chapter 54 of the Statutes of Canada, 2005.
(2) If section 69 of the other Act comes into force before subsection 2018(3) of this Act, then that subsection 2018(3) is repealed.
(3) If section 69 of the other Act comes into force on the same day as subsection 2018(3) of this Act, then that subsection 2018(3) is deemed to have come into force before that section 69.
(4) On the first day on which both section 71 of the other Act and section 2020 of this Act are in force, subsection 311(1) of the Bank Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Distribution of annual statement
311. (1) A bank must, not later than 21 days before the date of each annual meeting or before the signing of a resolution under paragraph 152(1)(b) in lieu of the annual meeting, send to each shareholder or, in the case of a federal credit union, to each member and shareholder, if any, a copy of the documents referred to in subsections 308(1) and (3), unless that time period is waived by the shareholder or member, as the case may be.
Coming into Force
Marginal note:Order in council
2136. The provisions of this Part come into force on a day or days to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council.
PART 18ATOMIC ENERGY OF CANADA LIMITED
Reorganization and Divestiture
2137. (1) The following definitions apply in this Part.
« EACL »
“AECL” means Atomic Energy of Canada Limited.
« actifs »
(a) in relation to an entity, the securities of another entity held by, on behalf of or in trust for the entity; and
(b) intangible property.
« ministre »
“Minister” means the Minister of Natural Resources.
« titre »
(a) in relation to a corporation, a share of any class or series of shares or a debt obligation of the corporation, and includes any conversion or exchange privilege, option or other right to acquire a share or debt obligation of the corporation; and
(b) in relation to any other entity, any ownership interest in or debt obligation of the entity and includes any conversion or exchange privilege, option or other right to acquire an ownership interest or debt obligation of the entity.
(2) In this Part “corporation”, “share” and “wholly-owned subsidiary” have the same meaning as in subsection 83(1) of the Financial Administration Act.
(3) Unless a contrary intention appears, words and expressions used in this Part have the same meaning as in the Canada Business Corporations Act.
(4) In the event of any inconsistency between this Part and the Canada Business Corporations Act or anything issued, made or established under that Act, this Part prevails to the extent of the inconsistency.
Marginal note:Operation of Competition Act
(5) Nothing in, or done under the authority of, this Part affects the operation of the Competition Act in respect of the acquisition of any interest in an entity.
- Date modified: