14. Schedule 1 to the Act is amended by replacing the reference “(Section 24)” after the heading “SCHEDULE 1” with the references “(Section 24 and subsections 26(2) and 31(1))”.
15. Schedule 1 to the Act is amended by adding the following after Part 2:
Text of reservations made under Article 18 of the Convention on Limitation of Liability for Maritime Claims, 1976, as amended by the Protocol of 1996 to amend the Convention on Limitation of Liability for Maritime Claims, 1976
1. Claims in respect of the raising, removal, destruction or rendering harmless of a ship that is sunk, wrecked, stranded or abandoned, including anything that is or has been on board that ship.
16. Schedule 2 to the Act is amended by replacing the reference “(Section 35)” after the heading “SCHEDULE 2” with the references “(Sections 35 and 40)”.
17. The Act is amended by adding, after Schedule 4, the Schedules 5 to 8 set out in the schedule to this Act.
Marginal note:R.S., c. F-7; 2002, c. 8, s. 14
FEDERAL COURTS ACT
Marginal note:2002, c. 8, s. 40(4)
(8) The jurisdiction conferred on the Federal Court by section 22 may be exercised in rem against any ship that, at the time the action is brought, is owned by the beneficial owner of the ship that is the subject of the action.
19. A claim to recover loss, damage, costs or expenses filed with the Administrator under section 85 of the Marine Liability Act before the day on which this section comes into force is deemed to have been filed under section 103 of the Marine Liability Act, as enacted by section 11.
20. The Administrator and Deputy Administrator who are in office on the day on which this section comes into force shall continue to perform their duties and functions as if they had been appointed under section 94 or 95, as the case may be, of the Marine Liability Act, as enacted by section 11.
Marginal note:R.S., c. A-12
Arctic Waters Pollution Prevention Act
Marginal note:2001, c. 6, s. 109
- Date modified: