2007, c. 1Consequential Amendment to the International Bridges and Tunnels Act
Marginal note:Application of other Acts
(3) Nothing in this Act or any regulations made under it affects the application of any other Act of Parliament, including any requirement for a person to obtain a licence, permit or other authorization in respect of an international bridge or tunnel.
PART 8MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
Division 1Wage Earner Protection Program
2005, c. 47, s. 1Wage Earner Protection Program Act
Marginal note:2007, c. 36, s. 83
2. (1) The following definitions apply in this Act.
« salaire admissible »
“eligible wages” means
(a) wages other than severance pay and termination pay that were earned during the six-month period ending on the date of the bankruptcy or the first day on which there was a receiver in relation to the former employer; and
(b) severance pay and termination pay that relate to employment that ended during the period referred to in paragraph (a).
« salaire »
“wages” includes salaries, commissions, compensation for services rendered, vacation pay, severance pay, termination pay and any other amounts prescribed by regulation.
Marginal note:2007, c. 36, s. 84
343. (1) Paragraph 5(a) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(a) the individual’s employment ended for a reason prescribed by regulation;
(2) Section 5 is amended by adding “and” after paragraph (b) and by replacing paragraphs (c) and (d) with the following:
(c) the individual is owed eligible wages by the former employer.
Marginal note:2007, c. 36, s. 85
344. The portion of section 6 of the Act before paragraph (a) is replaced by the following:
6. An individual is not eligible to receive a payment in respect of any wages earned during, or that otherwise relate to, a period in which the individual
- Date modified: