Marginal note:2007, c. 1
Consequential Amendment to the International Bridges and Tunnels Act
Marginal note:Application of other Acts
(3) Nothing in this Act or any regulations made under it affects the application of any other Act of Parliament, including any requirement for a person to obtain a licence, permit or other authorization in respect of an international bridge or tunnel.
Wage Earner Protection Program
Marginal note:2005, c. 47, s. 1
Wage Earner Protection Program Act
Marginal note:2007, c. 36, s. 83
2. (1) The following definitions apply in this Act.
« salaire admissible »
“eligible wages” means
(a) wages other than severance pay and termination pay that were earned during the six-month period ending on the date of the bankruptcy or the first day on which there was a receiver in relation to the former employer; and
(b) severance pay and termination pay that relate to employment that ended during the period referred to in paragraph (a).
« salaire »
“wages” includes salaries, commissions, compensation for services rendered, vacation pay, severance pay, termination pay and any other amounts prescribed by regulation.
Marginal note:2007, c. 36, s. 84
343. (1) Paragraph 5(a) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(a) the individual’s employment ended for a reason prescribed by regulation;
(2) Section 5 is amended by adding “and” after paragraph (b) and by replacing paragraphs (c) and (d) with the following:
(c) the individual is owed eligible wages by the former employer.
Marginal note:2007, c. 36, s. 85
344. The portion of section 6 of the Act before paragraph (a) is replaced by the following:
6. An individual is not eligible to receive a payment in respect of any wages earned during, or that otherwise relate to, a period in which the individual
- Date modified: