367. The Act is amended by adding the following after section 19.2:
Marginal note:Requirement to provide information or documents
19.3 (1) For the purpose of verifying compliance or preventing non-compliance with this Act, the Minister may, by notice served personally or by confirmed delivery service, require any person who has received a guaranteed student loan to provide to the Minister, within the time and in the manner that are stipulated in the notice, any information or document that is in their possession or to which they could reasonably be expected to have access.
Marginal note:Copies as evidence
(2) When a document is provided in accordance with subsection (1), the Minister may make, or cause to be made, one or more certified copies of it and any such copy is evidence of the nature and content of the original document and has the same probative force as the original document would have if it were proven in the ordinary way.
Marginal note:2008, c. 28
Consequential Amendment to the Budget Implementation Act, 2008
Marginal note:R.S., c. F-11
Marginal note:2006, c. 9, s. 262(3)
Marginal note:Exempted Crown corporations
(1.1) Divisions I to IV, except for subsection 105(2) and sections 113.1, 119, 131 to 148 and 154.01, do not apply to the Canada Council for the Arts, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, the International Development Research Centre or the National Arts Centre Corporation.
Marginal note:Exemption for Telefilm Canada
(1.2) Divisions I to IV, except for subsection 105(2) and sections 113.1, 119, 131 to 148 and 154.01 and subject to subsection 21(2) of the Telefilm Canada Act, do not apply to Telefilm Canada.
370. (1) The portion of subsection 99(2) of the Act before paragraph (a) is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Disposal of property
(2) Subject to this section and sections 90, 91 and 130, an agent corporation may sell or otherwise dispose of or lease any property held by the corporation and may retain and use the proceeds of the disposal or lease, but only
(2) The portion of subsection 99(3) of the Act before paragraph (a) is replaced by the following:
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply in respect of any sale or other disposal or lease of property by an agent corporation established by an Act of Parliament, if the corporation is specifically empowered by that Act or any other Act of Parliament
(3) Paragraphs 99(3)(a) and (b) of the English version of the Act are replaced by the following:
(a) to sell or otherwise dispose of or lease property; or
(b) to sell or otherwise dispose of or lease property for consideration not exceeding a specified amount and the sale or other disposal or lease of the property is for consideration equal to or less than the specified amount.
(4) Paragraphs 99(4)(a) and (b) of the Act are replaced by the following:
(a) prescribing the terms and conditions on which an agent corporation may sell or otherwise dispose of or lease property;
(b) prescribing the circumstances in which an agent corporation may retain and use all or any part of the proceeds of any disposal or lease of property; and
(5) Subsection 99(5) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Terms and conditions
(5) The Governor in Council may, in any authorizing order under subsection (2), specify any terms and conditions that the Governor in Council considers appropriate, including terms and conditions respecting the retention and use of all or any part of the proceeds of the disposal or lease by the agent corporation.
- Date modified: