Marginal note:2005, c. 23, s. 15
107. Section 18.5 of the Act is repealed.
Marginal note:1997, c. 37
« agent de l’autorité »
“enforcement officer” means a person designated under section 13 or belonging to a class of persons so designated.
109. Sections 13 and 14 of the Act are replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Designation of enforcement officers
13. The Minister may designate persons or classes of persons employed in the federal public administration or by a provincial, municipal or local authority or by an aboriginal government, whose duties include law enforcement, to be enforcement officers for the purpose of the enforcement of specified provisions of this Act or the regulations, and for that purpose enforcement officers have the powers and are entitled to the protection provided by law to peace officers within the meaning of the Criminal Code.
Marginal note:Contraventions Act
13.1 (1) The Minister may designate persons or classes of persons employed in the federal public administration or by a provincial, municipal or local authority or by an aboriginal government for the purpose of the enforcement of this Act or the regulations with respect to offences that have been designated as contraventions under the Contraventions Act.
Marginal note:Limitations regarding designations
(2) The Minister may specify that a designation is in respect of all or specified offences under this Act that have been designated as contraventions under the Contraventions Act.
Marginal note:Certificate of designation and oath
13.2 (1) Every park warden, enforcement officer and person designated under section 13.1 shall be provided with a certificate of designation in a form approved by the Minister and shall take and subscribe an oath prescribed by the Minister.
Marginal note:Limitations must be specified
(2) The certificate must specify the limitations, if any, to which the designation is subject.
Marginal note:Right of passage
14. In the discharge of their duties, park wardens and enforcement officers and any persons accompanying them may enter on and pass through or over private property without being liable for doing so and without any person having the right to object to that use of the property.
14.1 Park wardens and enforcement officers are not personally liable for anything they do or omit to do in good faith under this Act.
- Date modified: