Marginal note:Replacement of references
278. The English version of the Act is amended by replacing “Chairman” with “Chairperson” wherever it occurs in the following provisions:
(a) subsections 3(1) and (2);
(b) subsection 3(8);
(c) section 4;
(d) subsection 6(1); and
(e) subsection 17(1).
Marginal note:1990, c. 3
Marginal note:Appointment of trustees
(2) The trustees of a museum, other than the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson, shall be appointed by the Minister, with the approval of the Governor in Council, to hold office during pleasure for a term, not exceeding four years, that will ensure, as far as possible, the expiration in any one year of the terms of office of not more than four of those trustees.
Marginal note:R.S., c. N-3
« Société »
“Corporation” means the National Arts Centre Corporation continued by section 3;
Marginal note:1995, c. 29, s. 51
281. Section 3 of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Corporation continued
3. The National Arts Centre Corporation is continued as a corporation consisting of a Board of Trustees composed of a Chairperson, a Vice-Chairperson, the mayors of the cities of Ottawa and Gatineau and six other members to be appointed as provided in subsection 4(2).
Marginal note:1995, c. 29, s. 52
282. Subsection 4(2) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Appointment of other members
(2) Each of the members of the Board, other than the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson and the mayors referred to in section 3, shall be appointed by the Governor in Council for a term not exceeding four years.
Marginal note:R.S., c. N-4
Marginal note:1995, c. 29, s. 55(E)
(2) The definition “Commission” in section 2 of the Act is replaced by the following:
« Commission »
“Commission” means the National Capital Commission continued by section 3;
(3) Section 2 of the Act is amended by adding the following in alphabetical order:
“Chief Executive Officer”
« premier dirigeant »
“Chief Executive Officer” means the Chief Executive Officer of the Commission;
- Date modified: