Coming into Force
Marginal note:Order in council
228. (1) Sections 3.01 and 3.1 of the Access to Information Act, as enacted by section 142 of this Act, and section 3.01 of the Privacy Act, as enacted by section 182 of this Act, as well as subsection 141(2), sections 143 to 149, 154 and 157 to 160, subsection 163(1), sections 164 to 179, subsection 181(2) and sections 183, 184 and 186 to 193 of this Act and any provisions enacted by those provisions come into force on a day or days to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
(2) Despite subsection (1), the definition “government institution” in section 3 of the Access to Information Act, as enacted by subsection 141(2) of this Act, and the definition “government institution” in section 3 of the Privacy Act, as enacted by subsection 181(2) of this Act, do not apply in respect of the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board unless the lieutenant governor in council of each of at least two thirds of the included provinces, within the meaning of subsection 114(1) of the Canada Pension Plan, having in the aggregate not less than two thirds of the population of all of the included provinces, has signified the consent of that province to the application of those definitions to the Board.
ADMINISTRATIVE OVERSIGHT AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Marginal note:1995, c. 28
Marginal note:Appointment of directors
(4) The other directors are to be appointed by the Designated Minister, with the approval of the Governor in Council, for a term not exceeding four years that will ensure, as far as possible, the expiration in any one year of the terms of office of not more than half of the directors.
Marginal note:R.S., c. C-2; 2001, c. 34, s. 14(E)
Marginal note:1995, c. 29, s. 10(E)
Marginal note:Other members
(2) Each of the other members of the Council shall be appointed for a term of four years.
Marginal note:R.S., c. C-7
(2) Section 2 of the English version of the Act is amended by adding the following in alphabetical order:
Marginal note:Version anglaise seulement
“Chairperson” means the Chairperson of the Board, appointed pursuant to subsection 6(2);
- Date modified: