Marginal note:Reference to Act
Marginal note:Five-year prohibition — lobbying
(2) If, on the day on which section 27 of this Act comes into force, section 10.11 of the other Act, as enacted by section 75 of this Act, is not yet in force, persons who would otherwise be bound by section 29 of the Conflict of Interest and Post-Employment Code for Public Office Holders by virtue of their office and who cease to hold that office on or after that day but before the day on which that section 10.11 comes into force, are subject to the obligations established by section 29 of that Code, despite the coming into force of section 27 of this Act.
Marginal note:Jurisdiction of registrar
(3) The registrar referred to in section 8 of the other Act has, with respect to the persons and obligations referred to in subsection (2), the same powers, duties and functions that the Ethics Commissioner would have in relation to those persons and obligations if section 27 of this Act were not in force.
Marginal note:R.S., c. C-10
Marginal note:2004, c. 7, s. 6
(d) the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner or Senate Ethics Officer
Marginal note:R.S., c. F-7; 2002, c. 8, s. 14
Marginal note:2004, c. 7, s. 38
Marginal note:Senate and House of Commons
(2) For greater certainty, the expression “federal board, commission or other tribunal”, as defined in subsection (1), does not include the Senate, the House of Commons, any committee or member of either House, the Senate Ethics Officer or the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner with respect to the exercise of the jurisdiction or powers referred to in section 86 of the Parliament of Canada Act.
6. Subsection 28(1) of the Act is amended by adding the following after paragraph (b):
(b.1) the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner appointed under section 81 of the Parliament of Canada Act;
Marginal note:R.S., c. F-11
Marginal note:2004, c. 7, s. 8(1)
(c) with respect to the Senate and the office of the Senate Ethics Officer, the Speaker of the Senate, with respect to the House of Commons, the Board of Internal Economy, with respect to the office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner, the Speaker of the House of Commons, and with respect to the Library of Parliament, the Speakers of the Senate and the House of Commons,
Marginal note:2004, c. 7, s. 8(2)
(2) Paragraph (c) of the definition “department” in section 2 of the Act is replaced by the following:
(c) the staffs of the Senate, House of Commons, Library of Parliament, office of the Senate Ethics Officer and office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner, and
- Date modified: