Marginal note:R.S., c. 1 (5th Supp.)
(i) by reason of paragraph (b), the taxpayer shall, except for the purposes of subsections 110.1(4) and 118.1(8), be deemed not to be a member of the partnership, and
64. (1) The portion of subsection 127(4.1) of the Act before paragraph (a) is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Monetary contributions — form and content
(4.1) For the purpose of subsections (3) and (3.1), a monetary contribution made by a taxpayer may be in the form of cash or of a negotiable instrument issued by the taxpayer. However, it does not include
(2) Subsection 127(4.2) of the Act is repealed.
Marginal note:R.S., c. 44 (4th Supp.)
Lobbyists Registration Act
Amendments to Act
65. The long title of the Lobbyists Registration Act is replaced by the following:
66. Section 1 of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Short title
1. This Act may be cited as the Lobbying Act.
67. (1) The definition “registrar” in subsection 2(1) of the Act is repealed.
(2) Subsection 2(1) of the Act is amended by adding the following in alphabetical order:
“designated public office holder”
« titulaire d’une charge publique désignée »
“designated public office holder” means
(a) a minister of the Crown or a minister of state and any person employed in his or her office who is appointed under subsection 128(1) of the Public Service Employment Act,
(b) any other public office holder who, in a department within the meaning of paragraph (a), (a.1) or (d) of the definition “department” in section 2 of the Financial Administration Act,
(i) occupies the senior executive position, whether by the title of deputy minister, chief executive officer or by some other title, or
(ii) is an associate deputy minister or an assistant deputy minister or occupies a position of comparable rank, and
(c) any individual who occupies a position that has been designated by regulation under paragraph 12(c.1).
(3) Section 2 of the Act is amended by adding the following after subsection (2):
Marginal note:Transition team
(3) Any person identified by the Prime Minister as having had the task of providing support and advice to him or her during the transition period leading up to the swearing in of the Prime Minister and his or her ministry is subject to this Act, except subsections 10.11(2) to (4), as if the person were a designated public office holder during that period.
- Date modified: