89. The Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Minister after consultation by the Minister with the Authority, make regulations
(a) prescribing anything that is to be prescribed under subsection 82(1) and paragraphs 85(3)(c) and (4)(b) and 87(2)(f);
(b) increasing or decreasing the amount to be withheld from a loan under subsection 84(2);
(c) respecting the imposition of charges under subsection 84(5), including the manner of calculating those charges and the share of those charges to be paid by each borrowing member; and
(d) extending the application of this Part to any non-profit organization established to provide social welfare, housing, recreational or cultural services to first nations or their members on reserve lands and making any adaptations to the provisions of this Act that are necessary for that purpose.
FIRST NATIONS STATISTICAL INSTITUTE
90. The following definitions apply in this Part.
« Institut »
“Institute” means the First Nations Statistical Institute.
“other aboriginal group”
« autre groupe autochtone »
“other aboriginal group” means an aboriginal group that was formerly a band under the Indian Act and that is a party to a treaty, land claim agreement or self-government agreement with Canada.
« intéressé »
“respondent” means a person in respect of whom, or in respect of whose activities, a report or information is sought or provided under this Part.
Establishment and Organization of Institute
91. There is hereby established an institute, to be known as the First Nations Statistical Institute, which may carry on business under the name of “First Nations Statistics”.
Marginal note:Crown Corporation
92. The Institute is a Crown corporation and is governed by Part X of the Financial Administration Act, but to the extent that any provisions of this Part are inconsistent with sections 105 and 121 of that Act, the provisions of this Part prevail.
Marginal note:Not an agent of Her Majesty
93. The Institute is not an agent of Her Majesty.
Marginal note:Board of directors
94. (1) The Institute shall be managed by a board of directors, consisting of 10 to 15 directors, including the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson.
Marginal note:Ex officio director
(2) The Chief Statistician of Canada shall be a member of the board of directors.
- Date modified: