Marginal note:Delegation by territorial minister
7. The territorial minister may authorize a territorial agency or an employee of a territorial agency to carry out any of that minister’s functions under this Act.
PART 1YUKON ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIO-ECONOMIC ASSESSMENT BOARD AND DESIGNATED OFFICES
Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board
Marginal note:Board established
8. (1) The Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board is hereby established, consisting of
(a) an executive committee of three persons;
(b) four other members; and
(c) an even number of additional members that may be fixed from time to time by the federal minister following consultation with the territorial minister and the first nations.
Marginal note:Appointment by federal minister
(2) The federal minister shall appoint the members of the Board after seeking the views of the Minister of the Environment.
Marginal note:Executive committee
(3) One member of the executive committee referred to in paragraph (1)(a) shall be appointed on the nomination of the Council, another following consultation by the federal minister with the territorial minister and the third, being the Chairperson of the Board, following consultation by the federal minister with the other two members.
Marginal note:Other members
(4) Of the four members of the Board referred to in paragraph (1)(b), two shall be appointed on the nomination of the Council and one on the nomination of the territorial minister.
Marginal note:Additional members
(5) If additional members of the Board are to be appointed pursuant to paragraph (1)(c), one-half shall be appointed on the nomination of the Council and one-half following consultation by the federal minister with the territorial minister.
Marginal note:Consultation of first nations
(6) The Council shall consult the first nations before nominating a person to the Board.
Marginal note:Residence of Chairperson
9. (1) The Chairperson of the Board must be a resident of Yukon.
Marginal note:Residency of majorities
(2) A majority of the members appointed on the nomination of the Council, as well as a majority of the other members excluding the Chairperson, must be residents of Yukon.
Marginal note:Term of office
10. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), a member of the Board shall be appointed to hold office for a term of three years.
Marginal note:Term of first members
(2) The first members appointed under subsections 8(3) and (4) on the nomination of the Council or the territorial minister shall be appointed for the term, not exceeding three years, specified by the Council or territorial minister when making the nomination, and the other first members shall be appointed for the term, not exceeding three years, specified by the federal minister.
(3) In the event of a vacancy occurring during a member’s term of office, the federal minister may, subject to the requirements of sections 8 and 9 applicable to the appointment of that member, appoint another person to fill the vacancy for the remainder of the term.
- Date modified: