Marginal note:Examination by Screening Committee or Review Board
91. (1) When the Screening Committee or Review Board examines a project located on the Yukon North Slope, the competent government authority that receives its report or recommendation pursuant to the Agreement shall provide a copy of the authority’s response to the report or recommendation to the Board and to the designated office in whose assessment district the project is located.
Marginal note:Referral by Screening Committee to Review Board
(2) Where a project located on the Yukon North Slope is referred to the Review Board by the Screening Committee,
(a) the provisions of this Part relating to assessments and decision documents cease to apply in respect of the project; and
(b) any panel of the Board already established to review the project shall provide the Review Board with copies of all documents relating to the project.
Collaboration and External Activities
Marginal note:Collaboration on projects
92. (1) In the assessment of a project that forms part of an activity to be located wholly or partly in Yukon, a designated office or the executive committee shall collaborate, to the extent practicable, with any other body proposing to examine the activity’s environmental or socio-economic effects.
Marginal note:Adoption of report
(2) Where a body referred to in subsection (1) issues a report of its examination, the designated office or the executive committee may, in lieu of all or part of its assessment of the project, adopt any portions of the report that, in its opinion, fulfil any of the requirements of this Act.
Marginal note:External activities affecting Yukon
93. (1) At the request of the federal minister or the Minister of the Environment — or at the request of the territorial minister or a first nation and at their expense, unless the federal minister consents to the request — the executive committee may, in respect of an activity outside Yukon that, in its opinion, has or will have significant adverse environmental or socio-economic effects in Yukon,
(a) establish a panel of the Board to conduct a review of the activity, in accordance with an agreement entered into by the executive committee with the requesting minister or first nation; or
(b) participate in a consideration of the environmental and socio-economic effects of the activity conducted by a public body outside Yukon, in a manner specified in the request and accepted by that body.
Marginal note:Report by panel
(2) A panel of the Board referred to in paragraph (1)(a) shall issue a report in relation to any significant adverse environmental or socio-economic effects of the activity to the proponent of the activity, the minister or first nation that requested the review and, if the federal minister consented to the request, the federal minister.
Marginal note:Response to Board
(3) A minister or first nation that requests a review shall provide the Board with a written response to the report of a panel of the Board.
- Date modified: