Marginal note:Notice of actions taken following decision
89. Following the issuance of a decision document allowing a project to be undertaken, every government agency, municipal government, independent regulatory agency and first nation shall notify the Board whenever it
(a) issues any authorization required for the project to be undertaken, or amends or revokes that authorization;
(b) grants any interest in land required for the project to be undertaken, or modifies or withdraws that interest; or
(c) provides any financial assistance that enables the project to be undertaken, or alters or cancels that assistance.
Projects on Yukon North Slope
90. (1) The following definitions apply in this section and section 91.
« convention »
“Agreement” means the Inuvialuit Final Agreement, given effect by the Western Arctic (Inuvialuit) Claims Settlement Act, chapter 24 of the Statutes of Canada, 1984, as it read on the date that the Yukon First Nations Land Claims Settlement Act came into force.
“Screening Committee” and “Review Board”
« Bureau d’examen des répercussions environnementales » et « Comité d’étude des répercussions environnementales »
“Screening Committee” and “Review Board” mean the Environmental Impact Screening Committee and the Environmental Impact Review Board, respectively, established by section 11 of the Agreement.
“Yukon North Slope”
« Versant nord du Yukon »
“Yukon North Slope” has the same meaning as in section 12 of the Agreement.
Marginal note:Additional consideration
(2) In an assessment of a project located on the Yukon North Slope, a designated office, the executive committee or a panel of the Board shall take into consideration, in addition to the matters set out in subsections 42(1) to (3), the need to protect the rights of the Inuvialuit under the Agreement, and may take into consideration any matter that it considers relevant.
Marginal note:Recommendations re project
(3) Where a recommendation is made by a designated office, the executive committee or a panel of the Board in respect of a project located on the Yukon North Slope, a copy of the recommendation including reasons shall be provided to the Screening Committee.
Marginal note:Reasons for panel review
(4) Where the executive committee requires that a project located on the Yukon North Slope be reviewed by a panel of the Board, the executive committee shall provide its reasons for doing so to the Screening Committee.
- Date modified: