17. No action or other proceeding lies against any person for anything done or said in good faith in the administration of this Act.
Marginal note:Benefit not taxed
19. (1) A benefit paid under this Act is not subject to tax under any Act of Parliament.
Marginal note:Exemption from seizure
(2) A benefit payable under this Act is exempt from seizure.
Marginal note:2001, c. 26
20. On the later of the coming into force of section 1 of the Canada Shipping Act, 2001, chapter 26 of the Statutes of Canada, 2001, and paragraph 13(b) of this Act, paragraph 13(b) of this Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:2002, c. 8
21. On the later of the coming into force of section 14 of the Courts Administration Service Act, chapter 8 of the Statutes of Canada, 2002, and subsection 11(4) of this Act, subsection 11(4) of this Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Decision is final
(4) A decision of the Minister respecting a review is final and binding and, except for judicial review under the Federal Courts Act, is not subject to appeal or to review by any court. The decision shall not be the subject of a grievance under section 29 of the National Defence Act.
Marginal note:Bill C-25
22. If Bill C-25, introduced in the 2nd session of the 37th Parliament and entitled the Public Service Modernization Act (the “other Act”), receives royal assent, then, on the later of the coming into force of section 11 of the other Act and paragraph 10(3)(a) of this Act, paragraph 10(3)(a) of this Act is replaced by the following:
(a) a department in, or other portion of, the federal public administration specified in Schedule I, IV or V to the Financial Administration Act, or
- Date modified: